Bluetooth speakers are a great way of enjoying music just about anywhere. But the question remains: How does one experience this music. Not all portable speakers offer the same features and sound quality. Read on to find out what Bluetooth speakers for smartphones are capable of and which are right for you.
Bluetooth speakers for smartphones take good sound on the road
It should come as no surprise that smartphone speakers don’t offer the best sound quality. Even the most expensive models produce a tinny, muffled sound at best. The reason for this is simple: Smartphones need to be small enough to fit into a pocket, yet contain the electronics of a small computer. There is simply no room for proper audio technology. For this reason, those who want to enjoy music stored on their phone or streaming apps will need to supplement with headphones or a portable Bluetooth speaker.
Small and lightweight enough to be taken anywhere
The trick is finding a speaker small and lightweight enough to be tossed into a backpack or even a jeans’ pocket, but which still offers a sound that makes music enjoyable. Bluetooth speakers for smartphones come in a range of sizes including small speakers that fit in the palm of one’s hand. These don’t offer much in the way of power but can really come in handy as speaker phones for when you don’t – or can’t – hold the phone to your ear during conversations. You’ll be able to hear you interlocutor much more clearly than with your smartphone’s in-built speakers. In addition, music and podcasts can be enjoyed with better detail, without straining your ears. This sort of speaker, however, is more suitable for individual use as it isn’t powerful enough to project sound over a large space. Thankfully, it’s possible to find truly powerful Bluetooth speakers that are still small enough to carry in a bag or backpack and robust enough to take a few knocks.
Features that make Bluetooth speakers even more enjoyable
In addition to the convenience of wireless sound and a range of size options, the following are some features you can look out for when shopping for Bluetooth speakers for a smartphone:
• Integrated batteries that last up to 2 days of intense use
• A range of up to 10 meters between the source and sink device
• AptX codec for CD-like sound quality
• Automatic muting of music streaming with incoming calls
• Ability to use the speaker as a speakerphone (in-built mic)
Party mode, stereo connect & NFC
Two advanced features that can add to a Bluetooth speaker’s fun factor are stereo connect and a party mode. A party mode makes it possible for two smartphones to pair with a Bluetooth speaker at the same time. The speaker will only be able to play audio from one source at a time, but this makes it possible for friends or party guests to co-create playlists. Stereo connect is a feature that allows two Bluetooth speakers to form a wireless stereo pair.
Near Field Communication (NFC) is another interesting technology that works with Bluetooth. If the Bluetooth source and sink device both support NFC, they can be paired by simply holding them close to each other. You can learn more here:
Coda: Presenting Teufel Bluetooth speakers for smartphones
Teufel offers a range of Bluetooth speakers for smartphones that are small enough to be tossed into a bag or backpack but still powerful enough to revolutionize the audio from your phone. The model that’s right for you depends on many things such as size considerations, bass power and even design preference.
• BAMSTER – A mini soundbar that can be squeezed into any suitcase or backbpack with a sound powerful enough to fill your next hotel room with sound. The clever design includes a volume wheel for easily adjusting levels without reaching for your smartphone.
• BAMSTER PRO – The BAMSTER PRO takes the BAMSTER to the next level with an indiviual charging cradle and enhanced bass playback.
• ROCKSTER XS – The baby version of our behemoth Bluetooth speaker, the ROCKSTER, was designed to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand. A passive bass radiator on the back helps the small speaker reach impressive levels. The splashproof design makes it ideal for outdoor use.
• BAMSTER XS – A loudspeaker small enough to fit into even the tightest pair of skinny jeans, the BAMSTER XS is still a huge improvement on the sound produced by most smartphones.
Go to the Bluetooth speaker comparison page to learn more about Teufel’s Bluetooth speakers for smartphones.